Miskanawah is an Indigenous agency that draws jointly from the strengths and guidance of Indigenous teachings and traditions and from evidence-based practices in human services to support vulnerable children, youth and families.
The Executive Assistant reports to the CEO, has the primary responsibility to provide logistical support and office coordination to the CEO, ensuring the installation of appropriate systems and tools for the organization’s success. Specifically, the position is responsible for assisting the CEO, providing executive level administrative support by providing clerical support, arranging travel and correspondence, and scheduling meetings and events. The position will also provide support to the leadership team as a whole and not just the CEO.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide comprehensive support services to the CEO that ensures a professional, responsive, and effective experience with the organization as a whole.
- Provides efficient calendar management. Prioritizes inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance; making judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Prepare reports, take and edit meeting minutes, collect and analyze information; prepare presentations and correspondence.
- Prepare executive responses to routine memos, letters, or correspondence.
- Play a conducting and coordinating role so the work of the CEO, Board, and Leadership team is efficiently and effectively supported.
- Data analysis; Proficient in MS Office, perform filtering and sorting of data, V-lookup and other functions.
- Communicate using good judgement with a professional, polished approach.
- Ensure discretion, confidentiality and privacy is upheld.
- Oversee/ manage some administrative responsibilities within the organization.
Experience and Skills:
- Advanced MS Office experience.
- Ability to adapt to new cultures and work environments.
- Problem solving ability.
- Knowledge and understanding of Indigenous Culture.
- Exceptional organizational skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, presentation creation / editing, communicate by email and using scheduling software.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A keen eye for details.
- An ability to prioritize and delegate.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter with their CV to email@example.com by October 20, 2019.
- Admin Assistant Diploma or B.S. in Management or related field.
- 5+ years administrative support or executive assistance.
- Criminal Record Check + Vulnerable Sector.
- Child Intervention Check.
- Experience and understanding of a non-profit an asset.
- Occasional evenings/ weekends.
- Valid driver’s license with a driver’s abstract.
- Strong engagement, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self- motivated, friendly, energetic, detail oriented, flexible, uses initiative.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, initiative and maturity.
- Team player, ability to work independently and maintain confidentiality.
Please reference “Executive Assistant” in the subject line.